Welcome To ATMA Aurangabad
The creation of Agricultural Technology Management Agency (ATMA) with specific task is a welcome setup in required direction under this, different line departments, institutions, organizations and farmer are needed to be organized to introduce a new form of extension delivery system which is decentralized, demand driven, farmer accountable, location specific, system based, participating, well integrated with research-farmer-market linkage, technically and financially sustainable in its orientation.
Aims and Objectives of ATMA
- To identify location specific needs of farming community for farming system based agriculture development.
- To set up priorities for extension reforms to develop sustainable agriculture with a farming system approach.
- To draw plans for production based system activates to be undertaken by farmers/ultimate users.
- To execute plan through line department, training institutions, NGOs farmer’s organizations and allied institutions
- To coordinate efforts being made by various line departments, training institutions, NGOs farmer’s organizations and allied institutions strengthen Research-Extension-Farmer’s linkages (R-E-F-L).
- To facilitate market intervention for value addition of farm produce.
- To promote IPM, INM, IFS and any other activity related with the promotion of sustainable agriculture.